Sunday, June 16, 2019

Online Shopping : Wins And Losses



I’ve been online shopping a little more than I’d like to admit lately. Late at night , I lay in bed waiting for my meltanonin to kick in and make me sleepy. My screen glows as I scroll on Facebook and Instagram. My eye gets caught by products that seem too good to be true. Here are a few of the products that were worth the money , and some that were not.

(I have provided the links to purchase but receive NO compensation or free products if you decide to buy. )

Lashliner 
As a big fan of eyelash extensions , I was looking for another way to achieve the same look without the cost , dealing with lashes falling out unevenly, sitting on the bed for an hour at a time twice a month , and not being able to get my eyes wet for 24 hours each time.  I tried magnetic lashes and could not get them to stay after many attempts. I saw an ad that showed women putting on a “magnetic eyeliner “ and then popping on magnetic eyelashes. I read the comments and saw endless positive comments . Even though convinced I just wasted $40 , I was pleasantly surprised when it actually worked ! 

You can buy the liner with lashes or separately and use cheaper magnetic lashes like Ardell. You can also use the liner on top of your favorite liner for a cleaner look as it is a bit sticky and not as smooth as I would like. This video was very helpful to watch before using : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cfu3zEcNouA


Halo Vitamins 

I used halo vitamins for 30 days alternating Hair Skin and Nails and Kiwi Seed ( some of the ingredients overlap so you cannot take them the same day ). While I noticed no difference in my hair or nails , I went the first weekend since I can remember without needing foundation. Usually no matter where I go I at least need some concealer to cover breakouts. The saw palmetto is supposed to balance hormones and I believe it does since my jaw line completely cleared of breakouts. On my next order I will stock up on just the kiwi seed vitamins. I am definitely willing to spend $30 for 30 days of vitamins with results like these. I should have taken a before and after photo ! 


Tranquility Weighted  Blanket 
I do enjoy the feel of the weighted blanket but I did wake up warm in the middle of the night so I think I will keep it just for when I am watching tv . I also wish I got one a little bigger than the one below , to cover my entire body.

Poshmark 
Poshmark is a site where you can sell or buy clothes, shoes and accessories from individual users. I ordered some shoes and pants I was unable to find in the store from poshmark but what I failed to realize is that you can’t return anything ! Unless I am positive of size , I won’t order again . 

No comments:

Post a Comment